Easy to install, easy to operate and easy to maintain! The DuraPull™ is a semiautomatic pull tarp system engineered by Shur-Co® to be both rugged and reliable. Installation is made easy as the DuraPull™ comes out of the box fully assembled. Simply mount the assembled tarp housing, slide the tarp onto the tarp spool and adjust the spring tension to properly fit your box.
Operation of the DuraPull™ couldn’t be easier! Simply pull the rope and hook the tarp tube at the rear of the box to cover your load. Uncovering your load is even easier when using our spring-loaded tarp spool. It automatically retracts the tarp as the operator slowly releases the rope until the tarp is fully wound underneath the tarp housing.
Over time, tension in the spring can lessen, but again, Shur-Co® makes it easy. Don’t hassle with detaching the entire tarp spool to load the spring to increase tension. Instead, simply turn the ratchet located on the side plate of the tarp housing to increase the tarp to the operator’s desired tension.
• Galvanized Steel Tarp Housing - The 12- Ga.heavy-duty galvanized steel housing protects the tarp and spring-loaded spool from falling materials. The housing has an angled top to ensure self-cleaning, so any material dropped on it will fall back into the truck/trailer box.
• Spring-Loaded Tarp Stool - The tarp spool is made of aluminum and has an extruded groove that allows for easy installation or removal of the tarp. An internally mounted torsion spring lets the tarp spool automatically retract and wind the tarp.
• Tension Ratchet - This allows the tarp spool to be easily pre-loaded for operation, and it is also easily adjusted to increase or decrease spring tension.
• Tarp Removal/Replacement - The mesh or solid vinyl tarp can be easily removed and reinstalled or replaced without removing the tarp spool or removing the spring tension.
• Tarp Guides - Attached to each end of the pull bar, these help keep the tarp centered on top of the box by hanging over the side of the box and keeping the pull bar from moving from side to side.
• Mounting System - The tarp housing mounting system allows the tarp housing to be easily removed, if necessary, for season changes in hauling and is just as easily reinstalled later.
• Tarp Spool Removal/Maintenance - If the tarp spool ever needs to be removed, it can be removed fully assembled without having to disassemble or remove the tarp housing.