ShurTite™ is a high-quality retractable tarping system is convenient and offers dozens of configurations for flatbeds, trucks and trailers. The ShurTite will save you time and money while reducing the chances of injury. One person is able to operate the system from the safety of the ground, opening and closing it mere minutes. Operation is fast and easy and can be opening from the rear or the front of the trailer; whatever suits your needs best! When fully open the system will compress to 8 feet long and locks to any spot on the trailer track.
At just 1,500 lbs. (for a 48-foot flatbed) the ShurTite™ is both lightweight and aerodynamic. The ShurTite™ systems are built with top-quality aluminum and tarp materials; adhering to the Shur-Co’s strict manufacturing standards and is backed by an end-to-end 2-year parts and labor warranty. The ShurTite™ is a very reliable product and has been field-tested in the Canadian winters withstanding temperatures as low as -45 degrees Fahrenheit.
There are no ratchets, straps or cranks on the ShurTite™ to get lost or misplaced and is also easy for retrofits. The system ties into existing ratchet and post or winding brace tensioning systems. ShurTite™ offers several options including: pneumatic fuse, temporary manual op tool or remote air supply.
WHEN ORDERING YOUR SHURTITE™ TARPING SYSTEM
All ShurTite™ tarps are custom-made to order and are non-returnable. Correct physical measurements are essential for proper tarp fit. Provide all requested information on a detailed measurement sheet or your order may be delayed. Find trailer detail sheets here.
DO NOT use universal body or trailer sizes; use actual measurements. Body or trailer size and finished tarp size are NOT the same. Choose the detailed measurement sheet that best fits your trailer body. Provide all measurements in inches.
Trailer MUST BE AIRED UP and fifth-wheel height set from ground BEFORE measurements are taken and recorded. Width of deck is from outside of rub rail to outside rub rail. Add any special instructions that we will need to know concerning your order.
• Track - Extruded aluminum track flexes with trailer and resists side impact. An easy to-replace interior polymer strip cuts down on excessive wear.
• Bows & Lifters - Modular high-strength aluminum bows allow quick, easy repairs without welding. Cast aluminum corners with 3-in. radius and anodized aluminum hinged lifters take up minimal space.
• Wheels - Main rolling wheels and horizontal guide wheels rotate on sealed bearings for ease of operation and much less maintenance – no more axle greasing!
• Aluminum Headboard - Reinforced with 2 vertical posts for added strength, with LED marker lights for improved nighttime visibility. Many optional configurations are available, like man doors, steps, nose cone, etc.
• Tarp - Multi-panel tarp of highest-quality 22-oz. high-gloss fabric is reinforced with a second layer at stress points. Available in 40 colors with optional print graphics.
• Tensioning Device -Sliding front lock assembly makes for smooth operation and allows system to be opened from front of trailer for added versatility. An optional vertical tensioning device is also available.