The best 1-2 punch in trailer automation! Pair your 4500 Series HD electric tarp with the ProTrap® electric hopper opener. It safely slides hopper doors open and closed with the touch of a button while you stay back, out of the dust.
The ProTrap’s all-metal gears and housing are designed to handle the hard stops, with a high-efficiency planetary gear reduction and breaker circuit at the battery to protect your motor. It eliminates the need for unreliable limit switches that are easily damaged going through the field or by harsh road conditions.
Actual torque varies based on wire size, length and battery voltage; our motors are sized to protect your trailer components. The 150 low-torque motor is standard for trailers with strap-style traps; the 250 motor is for rack-and-pinion traps.
Our SMART2™ and SMART3™ remotes deactivate when the flip-style covers are closed or shut off after three minutes of inactivity. Upgrade to the latest Shur-Co® wireless operating system, ShurLink™, featuring the ShurLink PRO™ and ShurLink EZR™ remotes beginning August 7, 2023. Everything is clearly labeled. A cab-mounted or trailer-mounted master disconnect switch kills power to the tarp and traps – no complicated button sequence required. The patented sealed, quick-connect SMARTwire™ harness reduces connector corrosion and adds plug-and-play convenience at installation.
• All-Metal Gear Motor
• Automatic Brake (Holds Door)
• Universal Mounting Bracket
• 1-Bolt Manual Changeover
• Master Disconnect Switch
• SMARTwire™ Sealed Harness - Our patented SMARTwire’s sealed connections make installation easy – no additional wire stripping or crimping of connections required. The SMARTwire™ harness has molded rubber connectors and automotive silicone seals, precision-machined brass pins and sockets and dual 6-gauge wire.
• SMART2™ or SMART3™ Remote - SMART-touch technology for precision control of Shur-Co® electrics! The SMART2™ remote offers 2-way communication in an easy-to-read digital display. The SMART3™ has the original SMARTransmitter’s basic 5-way interface plus additional features.
• ProTrap® comes preassembled for faster install.
• ShurLinke PRO™ and ShurLink EZR™ Remote - Upgrade to the latest Shur-Co® wireless operating systems beginning August 7, 2023.
CHOOSING YOUR SYSTEM
Follow the chart below to help in determining proper motor selection when selecting your electric hopper door openers. Both Shur-Co's AutoTrap™ and ProTrap® motors are rated torque loads over 230 foot-pounds. The load on the hopper must NOT exceed the torque needed in manual operation.
|FARM TO MARKET USE||X||X|
|COMMERCIAL/CO-OP USE||Not Recommended||X|
|HAULING COMMODITY GRAIN|
|Corn, Wheat, Soybeans, Rice||X||X|
|HAULING HIGH-DENSITY MATERIALS|
|Smooth River Rock||Occasional Use||X|
|Fractured Rock||Not Recommended||X|
|Concrete Construction Waste||X|
|Fly Ash (Compacted)||X|
|Light to Moderate||X||X|
|Moderate to Heavy||Based on Material||X|
|HOPPER DOOR SIZE|
|Standard - Up to 1,200 Sq. In.||X||X|
|Over-sized - Over 1,200 Sq. In.||Based on Material||X|
|HIGHER GROUND CLEARANCE||X|